Smithfield Family Medical Practice is for everyone! We are family owned and for 30+ years we have helped healthy people stay healthy and grow their families. We have helped struggling people out of dire situations. We have helped those who are down get back up and provided comfort and wellness to those suffering.
Along this journey we have made many friends and engaged with every possible health situation. We continue to grow as a practice and are stronger every day.
Meet Our Doctors and Staff at Smithfield Family Medical Practice & know that you are in good hands!
Servicing Smithfield, Fairfield, Merrylands, Guildford, Wetherill Park, Bossley park and Edensor Park.
Our Philosophy For You
- To provide our patients with high quality care.
- Comprehensive medical care to all age groups in our community.
- To provide medical services for individuals and families with particular emphasis on long term continuity of care.
- To provide a personalized, warm and friendly environment for patients to be able to confidently and comfortably discuss their needs.
- To ensure our practice has the equipment and facilities to attend to the needs of patients for preventative health, urgent medical matters, and ongoing long-term health care, including chronic disease management.
- To treat patients ethically, professionally and courteously at all times.
- To educate and train medical students through the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
Dr. Shashwat Rastogi
Dr Shashwat Rastogi graduated with M.B.B.S and MD (Paediatrics) in 1986 from India. He worked as paediatric registrar at Children’s Hospital in Camperdown, Westmead, and Liverpool Hospitals and as a general practitioner at various solo, group and medical centers before commencing general practice at Smithfield in 1990. Dr Rastogi has been a member of the Royal Australian College of General practitioners (RACGP) for the last 30 years.
Dr Rastogi is an accredited general practitioner supervisor. He is involved with Royal Australian College of General Practice (RACGP) in training future GPs. Dr Rastogi has an interest in minor surgical procedures, skin cancer work, mental and men’s health.
Tiffani San gained her Nursing Registration with Ahpra in 2019 and entered into Smithfield Family Medical Practice as a new graduate nurse and has developed into a very well-rounded Practice Nurse.
Tiffani is well skilled in wound care, primary health care, patient education, she also assists the doctors with minor procedures and health assessments. Tiffani involves herself in all areas of the practice with a smile and great humour and is able to make anyone feel very comfortable and at home.
Registered Nurse. Grad Dip Bus
Nicholas Cox gained his Nursing Registration with Ahpra in 2008 and has working in Residential Aged Care since, co-currently he has also working for Smithfield Family Medical Practice since 2010. His passion is for good care and good health outcomes, though most of all – happy patients, and great relationships. Nicholas assists with the continuous development of our policies and quality practices, as well as with the administrative components of chronic disease management, and a point of reference for all things aged care.
Linda, Elizabeth, Emma, Jenny
Our longstanding reception staff at Smithfield Family Medical Practice are welcoming and warm.
Linda, Elizabeth, Emma, and Jenny are here to address any inquiries and help you.
They keep this practice running smoothly and efficiently.